Young Professionals Council
Mourning Hope's Young Professionals Council is a brand-new group developed in the summer of 2019. If you are interested in becoming a member, or would like additional information about Council expectations, please contact Kate Holman at email@example.com.
YP Council Vision
To highlight the Mourning Hope Grief Center as the premier provider of grief support services to children, teens, young adults and families in Lincoln and the surrounding communities.
YP Council Mission
The Young Professionals Council of the Mourning Hope Grief Center is a group committed to advancing Mourning Hope's mission through community engagement, volunteer recruitment, and event promotion and participation.
The YP Council will be comprised of at least 8 and no more than 20 young professionals (approximate age 21 to 40) who live or work in Lincoln or the surrounding communities. One member will serve on the Mourning Hope Board of Directors as the YP Council Liaison. The Mourning Hope Board of Directors will hold the authority to approve and remove the Liaison selected by the Council.
- Build awareness of Mourning Hope in the Lincoln (and surrounding) community.
- Increase Mourning Hope's volunteer network.
- Increase Mourning Hope's participant network.
- Plan and manage special events/fundraising activities at least once per quarter.
- Develop strategies as to how Mourning Hope can engage the Lincoln community.
- Engage the community to collaborate and leverage their professional and personal networks to promote Mourning Hope’s mission, programs and events.
- Engage the community to help build Mourning Hope’s partnerships and capacity to serve bereaved youth, young adults and families.
- Coordinate closely with Mourning Hope staff, volunteers, families, board and committees to leverage contacts and resources to increase awareness and participation in Mourning Hope’s programs and events.